Saturday, February 2, 2013

Living in Low Country: First Thoughts

My first thought is why do they call it Low Country? I have been here three weeks and heard a multitude of definitions of Low Country (sometimes seen as one word, lowcountry). I will get back to you on the "official" reason it's called this.

For obvious reasons I am loving being here due to the close proximity to the beach (about 15 minutes). I love the beach! I love to read on the beach. I love to lay on the beach. I love to hear the waves crash on the beach. I love to people watch on the beach. I love to walk on the beach. I just love the beach. And now to say that I can call this beautiful beachy place home....well, it just makes me all giddy inside.

Bridges, bridges everywhere. You can't get to any place around this low country without going over a bridge (see picture below of my favorite). And I love it.

Marshland. The definition of marshland is a low-lying wet land with grassy vegetation; usually is a transition zone between land and water. Currently we are living along the Ashley River. Most of our access is on marshland. We have a beautiful boardwalk area that extends to the marshland. I took some beautiful pictures of the sun setting a few days ago from this marshland. I can't wait to post. I left my camera/laptop extension in Nashville so the pictures will have to wait until after our short trip home next weekend. There seems to be marshland everywhere you turn here. It's breathtaking to me. I don't think it will ever get old.

South Carolina homes are gorgeous!!! Two exhausting weekends of home shopping (see pic below) and we have decided to rent short term. One day I hope to own one of these homes but it's a little too soon for us for now.

It's home now. That's all. I do love it here already. It really is starting to feel like we're home. This week it becomes official as I buy a car, and a South Carolina tag to put on that car. Not to mention the fun trip to the DMV to get my new drivers license. And in a couple of weeks I start my new job. After seven months of our lives being in total flux we are finally home. That feels good. It's good to be home.

My favorite bridge for obvious reasons (the running lane). I can't wait to run this.

South Carolina home shopping at it's finest. Love!!!

Dear John. It's a movie. Go watch this movie. It was filmed in Charleston. I just recently learned that and now I can't wait to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment