Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Welcome to Oregon!!

Here I am on my 4th full day here in Lake Oswego, Oregon. This Tennessee girl is very impressed with Oregon so far. The trees here are beautiful and look like something out of a dream come true Christmas card. Just a few things I have noticed pretty quickly about this serene place I will call home for at least a few months:

* Lack of humidity. Tennessee is historically known for it's ridiculously high humidity levels. I don't know what the actual % of humidity is but even when it's in the low 90's the weather is very comfortable. Running in Tennessee in August usually has to happen by 5 in the morning. Here, I can do it anytime. Today will be my first low humidity run. Stay tuned for that update.

* Tree huggers. I know many people here may be referred to as "tree huggers" on this side of the country, but I think my home state could learn a little from the Oregonians. Everywhere you look there are the most amazing trees. It's as though  they only need 5 acres to build a new Target and actually only cut down or remove 5 acres of landscape instead of removing everything for 10-15 acres. The trees are everywhere and make for the most beautiful landscape these blue eyes have ever seen.

* From 39 to 14. These are the 2011 healthy state rankings Tennessee vs. Oregon. I am a health nut so I am most excited to be here, inspired, and surrounded by such a healthy state. Tennessee was ranked 39 and Oregon was ranked 14. All I see are people everywhere running (my love) and biking. I have already made my trip to REI to check out bikes. And I haven't seen a single person smoking a cigarette. I am certain there are those people but I haven't seen it yet.


This picture was taken really close to where we live. See how gorgeous it is? Love it!! More to come on my running and traveling adventures....be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture (the scenery AND you). Thanks for giving me your blog address. It will be nice to keep up with you.
    Praising Him,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete