Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life As I Know It

What a difference a few months can make. Just a couple of months ago I was working my corporate job as a Project Analyst in Nashville, Tennessee and planning our big move to Melbourne, Australia. Today I'm sitting in a tiny lake house in Oregon. Life as I know it has now changed a lot. I can't even put into words the difference in where I was and where I am today. Living in the Pacific Northwest is inspiring to me. I am inspired by the environment we are in because of so many people out walking, running, riding bikes, and just being healthy. My normal in Nashville, Tennessee was a little more the opposite. Here in Oregon you seem to be odd man out if you aren't eating and living a healthy lifestyle. In Tennessee I felt like I was more in the minority when it came to living a healthy life. I do feel very at home and in my element when it comes to the healthy life I try to live overall. However, I miss home. That's all I will say about that until a planned later post about all my favorite people.

I have some pictures from our first trip to the wonderful farmers market that is here within walking distance (including my first taste of yellow watermelon). I absolutely love this market. This will be part of our regular Saturday morning routine through October. Also, one picture from our trip to Cannon Beach the first time around. Be blessed.

J






Salt & Straw Ice Cream. The BEST salted caramel flavor ever!!

Yellow watermelon? It was very yummy!


The view from the farmers market.


If you only knew what we had to go through to get this picture. This day it was cold, rainy, and extremely windy on the coast. And we were not prepared. But we laughed and laughed some more to help us deal with the hypothermia that I know was about to set in.


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this Jennifer!!! Miss you guys!! You look like you live in a wonderful place. A nice place for us to visit. lol : )

    ReplyDelete